My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Philippines

Friday, September 24, 2004

Chinese Sunbeams & Belly Feasts


Chinesee Mid-Autumn festival!
chinse sunbeams & belly feasts

Jostling through the mist of the dusk were some familiar faces & countless unfamiliar ones. Co
uldn't but notice the gleam in each child's eyes as they bounce on the dew and the green green grass. With lanterns of rainbow colors all candlelit, I couldn't help but feel a little bit Chinese. Surrounded by the Shaolins in such traditional twilight, everything's so distant so far away from my homy hideout...

Hey, but really the celebration at the Yunnan Garden was quite a unique night ~ al fresco, red hanging lamps, buffet, noodles, dumplings, lotsa chinese lanterns, ancient trees, ice cream and food! food! food! (that's the part that gets better) ...

What a relief after all the day's running about school... Actually I only had two classes for today. But you dunno how it can really get weighty when you start the day talking about media law and end it with some deep stuff on Adorno's 'enlightened' philosophies. It could either just bug you down or it can lift you up in some place they call uhn-light-uhn-ment. Unfortunately for today... or fortunately I guess, it's simply the first one that holds true. So yeah! I admit for a minute there, you would have actually chatted with madame numb brained or miss brain freeze.

... I sit here now all focused on such a reminiscient mood; simply on the brink of another day's closing...
I think overall it's been quite a fulfilling day (even if I didn't get any goody bags coz I was 5 mins. late for the Q; even if I did not win any prize in the raffle draw; even if that irritating ant bit my bellybutton and I figured how to kill her; even if I had to walk a thousand and one steps to get back to hall; even if...).

The Chinese mid-autumn festivals in school are one of the handful events I have and will look forward to. It gives me some strange ironic feeling of being far from home but still in some way close to it. The differences and the similarities blend in some mystical manner. I love the aroma of freshly cooked food mixed with the smell of dew. It's just so minty and indochine...

to make this long story short just drop by & have a glimpse of it:

Sorry my eyes are nothing but heavy so gotta rest this sleepy sweet head! Sunbeams and glorious dreams be with me and thine!
-7-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<