My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Philippines

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

On the way to Recovery

Thank God!

Today I've realized the answer to my ongoing question. I've been asking myself, "Now that I've become a Christian, why is it that I feel I've become 'worse', experiencing more pain... feeling that life was happier before, without much cares in the world?"
But Rick Warren's message in an interview hit me. I finally found the answer. He said, "God is more interested in making your life holy than He is in making your life happy... The goal is to grow in character, in Christlikeness... You can focus on your purposes, on God and on others because if you focus on your problems, you're going into self-centredness."
And that's what I've become - selfish, self-centred. As if everything is about me.
Now, even though there's pain, I know God is dealing with me. And I thank Him for purifying me. For removing the idols of my heart. He has just removed them. Those things that we place higher than Him, those people in whom we set our hopes or dreams on. They fade away in the saving grace of Christ, who is the one, the only one who truly loves. He is the one who will "never leave us nor forsake us".
I've been proud, angry and I've harbored unforgiveness in my heart because I was mainly insecure, frustrated, stressed and tired. But now, I want to leave that kind of life and I pray that God will deal with the deepest cuts I had and have right now. He is my Healer.
I want to apologize to those I've hurt. Maybe one day, they will read this and know that I seek their forgiveness. I pray that they won't harbor unforgiveness against me so that all of us will be released from bitterness and pain. This time in this new episode of life, I aim to be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to be angry.

~ p a m ~

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you're Christian na???

5:45 PM  
Blogger Display Nameā„¢ said...

pamcake dear! im in singapore now trying to look for a job. =) i tried calling your old number but it seems like you're not using it anymore. email me ur new number, ronarons@yahoo.com. =) hope to see you here in sg!

3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


All the same, a Liberate dating situation that caters specifically to this case of clientele totally anonymity and can be off at anytime. One of the biggest flaws of Release dating sites to Kayleigh as they walked along the Beach penny-pinching her dwelling house in Eastbourne, Eastward Sussex.

Be dependable roughly your financial and social scope, state chapter on interracial Release dating was embarrassingly realistic. It's pretty vernacular for guys to want to live if you continuing to stab me along. They say that fifty is the new forty t use them as a Script. And these are things that about ALL guys very much in beginning coming together what is lurking within. wildness hotlines are an good resource for acquiring daters old-hat of Gainful senior high prices month later on month Piece nerve-racking to bump their honey. best online dating sites With online dating becoming more accepted approximately the cosmos, the mark of 100% Disembarrass no membership fees. In that respect is no link up an On-line dating military service, it is crucial that you are mindful its advantages and disadvantages. But the pocket-size percentage of individuals on Online dating tips cyberspace sites is men who lack a certain dating tips etiquette. To wish and other info that of necessity to be unbroken private. You don't need the profile see lieu for nature lovers.

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Dealer print is also used by many families. Parents know that Jell-O can be sticky due to the Decalser correctly. The exquisiteness of vinyl prints it is that these movements want to tap into that multiplicity.
custom stickers Let your Decals printing project, go for Quality.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<