My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Philippines

Sunday, April 03, 2005

On a Sunday Eve, I write

These past few days God was impressing in me words like forgiveness, peace and faith. I guess I often struggled with the very nature of humanity...pride... the cause of all evil. Yup! I'm a proud li'l fella! or should I say I was, or I'm trying not to be.

Well, I've learnt to harden my heart and "protect it" so to speak after I've realized in different points of my life that there are mean people out there, people you can't trust and people who'll talk falsely about you, as if they know all too well the real score and struggles of your life. Those were the times and the people I dread.

But then again, if you really think and reflect on it, there's too much to lose when you get all caught up in these stuff: hang ups, unforgiveness, anger or bitterness... too much when you can't let go of that natural but sinful instict. Call it pride or selfishness?! They're all but the same. The joy it can suck out of you & the pain it may cause you... True, the devil wants to kill, steal and destroy. Should I let him? Should you let Him? Oh no! No! No! Not anymore.... It's time to stomp your feet and put on the armor!

My Lord has proven faithful, merciful and gracious to me all the way! And though I couldn't ever measure up to His Love, He has never left me, nor forsaken me.

Jeremiah 29:11 says:

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord,
plans to Prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future. "

I just want to thank God for the bright future ahead of me. Although I feel I'm in such trying times right now, I know that this is just a phase. It's the part when the mastercrafstman melts the gold in super-heated liquid, pound it and hammer it
... before he shapes it into a beautiful masterpiece.

May I pass the divine test of faith. (Lord help me!)
forgive & forget.
peace be with you!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Got to read PDI online just now, and stumbled upon your nice blog.

I especially like this Sunday Eve blog entry. May I know of you are an 'evangelical Christian' as well? I have a Singaporean missionary-churchmate here in Switzerland. She's nice.

Ok, God bless!

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be assured.

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<