My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Philippines

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Pam's Yesterday Today & Tomolo

T O D A Y
It's 7am and I'm still down with a sore throat and dry cough. With the construction goin on opposite the condo, I don't know when I'd feel well again... thing is I'm allergic to dust and my body's still adjusting to the air here. I guess I've become so used to the clean & green of Singapore!

Anyway, I've recently signed a contract and I'm officially a freelance writer. The magazine is called Career Central and it targets youngsters in Singapore who are either undergraduates or fresh graduates like me. The deadline of my first article would be on June 22 and it will be published (if chosen) in the August issue. I could not say the topic now because I think I'm not allowed to do so. But I will let you know if it comes out. *wink*

Meanwhile, I've set today as my job hunting day. Finally, I have decided to focus and apply for jobs.

T O M O R R O W
From today onwards I will see to it that I send my resume to at least 5 companies that I like. My prayer is that God will lead me to a job that will be fulfilling; that is relatively not too stressful; that will allow me to shine for His glory!

Y E S T E R D A Y
For the past few days I put aside my job hunt to rest for a while. I mean, the comforts of home is very tempting you see. But I couldn't go on like that. For instance, yesterday I spent the whole day helping Ya Shirley clean the house. I didn't realize that such a small and new space could cost us a whole day. Well, I can be very meticulous I guess.

But then again, what really took my time was cooking. I love cooking because even when I was young my mom enrolled me to several cooking lessons and I found it fun. Now, thanks to that, I am not afraid to experiment and do my own dishes. Yesterday was one perfect cooking day for me because when my parents and brothers came home, we sat together for dinner and everything I cooked was wiped out from their plates into their hungry bellies. It feels really good when they appreciate your cooking. Even without saying it I know they did!Below you'll find the menu I cooked. Try it!


Starters

#1 Salad ala Pam

baby Spinach leaves washed and dried
Mint leaves
fresh Parsley
diced mangoes
thinly sliced cucumber
thinly sliced green/red bell pepper,

dressing:

regular sized natural low fat yoghurt
1 clove garlic crushed evenly
sugar substitute, splenda
lots of crushed pepper
egg yolk
native vinegar
(you can also add a bit of flour
to make sauce thicker,
adjust seasoning to taste)

Entree

#2 Beef & Mushroom

Beef cubes boiled 'til tender (it took me an hour)
Mushroom in can, sliced thinly
1 pack of knorr mushroom soup
knorr seasoning

transfer all the beef cubes to a sauce pan and add half of the beef stock. (the remaining half can be used to prepare beef & onion soup for another day). In another pan prepare the mushroom soup by adding it in boiling water and stirring it until smooth. Add the mixture to the saucepan where the beef cubes are, stir it and add the sliced mushroom. Splash knorr seasoning afterwards and add some flour to make sauce thick.

Dessert

#3 Bananarama

Slice the banana into 3 and grill it. What's not so common about this is that I didn't put any sugar at all. My mom even asked if I did. I thought that the natural sweetness of the banana should not be covered with sugar. You'll be surprised how good it is. Next time you can also brush melted margarine or butter to the banana. Remember to use Canola butter, more healthy!

-30-

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on ur new part time job! Mahal, I'm looking forward to your very first article. I'm sure they're gonna love your style of writing.

About the cooking, wow that really sounds mouth-watering! Sana u can also prepare something like that when i get home. Lapit na!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

aha! something new to try out in the kitchen. Bananarama sounds yummy. :)

I'm also worried that when I get home in November, I'll be down with allergies or what-not. Hope you get well soon.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

arnold schwarzenegger said that anythin' that tastes good is bad for your health... hmmm.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Pamcakes said...

Hello guys! thanks for dropping by!

anyway, Angelo >>> syempre naman Mahal I will cook for you. No worries! heheh!

George>>> Bakit san ka ba allergic?

Nats>>> uy healthy kaya ito! wag mong lokohin luto ko kasi health conscious na ako now! hehe

For everyone's sake: I use lean meat naman konti lng ang taba. plus I always use canola oil & my yoghurt is low fat and no sugar as in all natural. tapos I use sugar alternative para mas healthy! heheh!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<