My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Philippines

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

~ Nostalgia in the Air ~

I'm feeling a li'l nostalgic as I write. I guess it's mainly because my parents and my little bro went home already. My whole family went here last April 19. But JB and Mike, my two younger bros left earlier because of school. Today, after my oral defense, I brought Dad, Mom and Teo to the airport. I miss them now. It's really good to have family around. Although sometimes you can get into their nerves and they can also get into yours, family still sticks around (like glue)! It's the place where you can just be yourself, with all your imperfections and flaws, but still be loved anyway.

Thanks for the time you spent with me guys! I hope we could all be together! Perhaps, I can work in Manila or maybe you guys can transfer to Singapore. Well, let's see what comes... He'll lead us.

Thank you so much also Tita Ena for acommodating my family. Really thanks for your love, you're like a big sis to me.

Thank you also Nanay Flory and Dr. Maslog for our one night stay and merienda! Salamat sa pagaaruga!

~~~
For today two things basically amused me, small things perhaps, but they mattered much to me anyway.

One was the fact that my parents and Teo were able to watch my presentation and oral defense.

I thought they wouldn't be allowed inside the room but my supervisor Dr. Banerjee was kind and also acommodating! So there I was, presentating not only to my professors but to my family as well! I thought it'd feel pretty weird having family inside. I was afraid I'd suddenly remember a family joke or a family memory and end up bursting into laughter in the middle of the question and answer... or Matthew would go around prancing inside the room. But of course none of those things happened and Praise God everything went smoothly with God's grace and mercy.

Anyway, the second amusing memory I have of today, was how we gave our goodbyes in the airport. After a short meal, some picture-taking and a quick trip to the grocery we all gave our normal kisses, hugs, "manos" and goodbyes.

So there behind the glass wall, were me and Angelo. As they were queing up, we were incessantly waving at each other. Me, mom, Teo, Angelo and dad! And then after the short pause as they had their documents checked by the immigration officer, it was another series of continuous waves of goodbyes. It was the longest "waving" session I had. What stuck to me up until now is how my brother Teo, clang to me with a tight hug before they left saying so sweetly, "I'll miss you ate!". He was also the one most eager to give his goodbyes, waving teary eyed at me and Angelo. I'll surely miss my eight year old bro! Miss you Teo poy poloy.... *grin*

~~~ still feeling nostalgic ~~~

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

nostalgia... hmm i feel that whenever i think about our high school days... you know, when the entire world used to be so envious of how much we ignored them. haha. i miss you pammy. D'PNL is not d same with u a thousand miles away. mwah!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Pamcakes said...

Thanks Nat! That's really sweet of you to say. Hope I can be back in Deee Peeeleeepeeens soooooooon!

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<