My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Philippines

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

an unwanted series

This is one of those days when all things uncontrollable unite against you.
In stressful times such as these (a.k.a. D heat of exams), my number one enemy is sleep.Yup! Pamster is Master Crammer these days.
And so when a pile of readings (which take note: could fit in one giant 'balikbayan' box or two)has been touched pretty rarely for the whole semester, it's no surprise one will resort to certain desperate measures (a.k.a. D no sleep mode).
which brings me back in a nice roundabout to my short story:

Last night I actually planned a strategy on how to breeze the first exam of my fourth and final year! (yehey! to that). Since the exam was on media law and the exam guide given by our teacher was quite revealing and pretty comprehensive, I figured I could construct my well-thought out points that night, put them in outline form black & white, and then voila! - continue practicing the whole night til morning as if the exam was actually going on at that very moment. So writing for two hours (as my exam would be 9:30 to 11:30 the next morning)and repeating the process would give me the best shot.

In hindsight, I actually planned this strategy days ago. So the plan was exactly the same for the day before yesterday , save some "dilly dallying" in between.

(Now close your eyes for a minute and imagine time flew fast forward and...)
Pamster-master-crammer stares blankly to the basketball net on her right. Sitting aimlessly in a chair surrounded by 500 others or so inside the indoor basketball court of the Sports Recreation Center where the exam was set, her mind races in trip---trap---trip---trap---. Once or twice she pauses forgetting her point, it's total mental black out!Argh!

Considering that she's grabbed the whole package of sleep the night before she should have been more composed but what if she was not able to follow the initial strategy of battle?


(back to reality and a little fast forward)
And yes that was exactly what happened. my greatest enemy deceived me: Mr. Sleep seduced me into the bed for a second(Boo for that!)& I, stupid I, thinking for one fleeting moment that I will have the boldness to stand up against my comfy pillows, freshly washed bedsheets and cool soft cushions, I succumbed.

And so the story goes, I woke up horrified that it was merely an hour before the exams and I was a million footsteps away from the testing area. The battle was lost for this one.

Tomorrow I've got two exams to battle in a row (one for the morning session and the other in the afternoon)! I'm not so sure how the fight will be this time. But I still hope I could try focusing on reviewing and actually pursuing my strategy and not be stuck here in the computer blabbing to you that I should have simply not slept: my main point. Finally!

See sleep makes you slow, ironic!


1 Comments:

Blogger PuM said...

All the bset for your exams, Pam.
Nice webblog, keep it up ;)

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<