My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Philippines

Friday, April 08, 2005

"Love Me If You Dare" it's not what you think it is...


Just recently we had dinner with Tita Ena and on the way back home, we had a bit of talk about Spanish and French films. Apparently, she was also into art films. I guess it's just very different when you watch these movies because they're not only a series of images with a simple narrative but they go deeper into your soul...or am I just being too dramatic about it?!

Well if you come to think of it, it's really true. I mean, these art films are very different from those Hollywood flicks you'd normally get, too commercialized, fancy and removed from the depth and realities of life.

What you'd get in art fims though are, well, art: the poetry in the script comes off as very natural, as if it wasn't there but hits you all the more anyway. Sometimes though the editing comes in the way, like it just makes u dizzy. Too much effort to be unlike Hollywood, I guess. But some, well most, pull it off very successfully.

I especially like "love me if you dare". That's one French film I love and am still counting. Last year, I came accross "Spanish Apartment" and it was also good.

The thing about these films, is that it gets you involved in a way and... I really like that. *grin*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loooove french films!!! I've seen the 2 films you mentioned. Both of them are fantastic. Here in England we have a cinema that only showed french films called Cine Lumiere. And they have a library that you can borrow DVDs of whatever french film that you like.:) I love the poetic style that comes naturally in their dialogue. Sometimes it may look like the story is a bit weirdo but that's what sets their style aprt from others.

3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<