My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Philippines

Thursday, November 11, 2004

One rare "Kolasa" Day

It was the ninth of November.
A few days have passed but I still giggle with the thought of my girlfriends.

We were invinsible in high school, or so we thought.

P.

N.

L.

"PaJaMa Ni LoLo"

Pam. aka Djoux Drena

Jam. aka Shandy

Maj. aka Maj

Nat. aka Khalil Inq

Leslie. aka Bambah

Lariza. aka Brez

Larissa. aka Khylie

[          With what it's worth, PNL was a small subset of the "homogenous" class, a crass term for the honor's class I suppose. We sorta delighted with the idea of being part of the so-called 'intellectual elite' but a tinge of dismay was inevitable considering being nicknamed the "homos" (strange connotations huh?!). Besides, we sorta played this rythm which was kinda off beat from the mainstream of all the so-called 'homos' e.g. Leadership Training Seminar, Meetings with the real Ms. P, the story of the stone table, Elections for the environment club, the recollection dramas, the random calls to who-knows-who, the attention grabbing hair accessories.. oops!, the cylindrical tank & the pea... and who'd forget the spice girls act (If you're a PNL you should get all these)         ]

Anyway, it was a Tuesday afternoon and by some mystic leap of fate, I bumped into Nat online yahoo messenger. You should understand how exciting this moment was for me. You see, for the almost-4-years I've been here in Singapore, I never had a chance to chat with Nat-nat online. Although we see each other whenever I'm in Metro-philly (to borrow one of Nat's coined term), I still miss our small talks and deep chit-chats.


Nat was the youngest whiz kid in our batch. She's been my solid partner in one of the most carefree days of my life i.e. Hard Rock yugyugan days; Hotel hopping & crashin' buffet treats; ex-boyfriends barkada romance (the horse and the frog heehee!), Birthday buddies all night; that's just to name a few... So it was darn one rare occassion! And who'd guess that through her I'd also be chatting with another long lost friend, who else but Maj?! Thing is, I haven't seen Maj for all the years I was back and forth Manila and Singapore.


Maj was another strong lady who believed in me, a partner in reaching new heights: from high school dances and living room sagas (just to get parental consent before we'd escape for another gimik spree!)to deviant...or should I say unique fashion trends and even to college (DLSU)leadership trainings.


The three of us were just eager to find out the latest on each other's life be it career-wise and of course everbody's 'love life'. We went through most of them: Simon, Ricky, Macky, Mike, Angelo, Coy, Joel, Andro, Mark.... the list went on... I realized Nat was the most blest in this respect or is she? (Let's ask Mr. M of Mr. J) and Maj refused or simply didn't have one after Mr. S.(Maybe time didn't permit). As for me, I shared a bit on Mr. A.

Then, as girl talks usually roll, it came to stories on other girls e.g. who's married and preggy in our high school batch... Who's doing what...Who's this & that...I thought to myself, amazed at how time flies and how conversations change through the passing of time. 'Pretty soon, maybe say five more years, conversations would drift from the sensational bf/gf to how many kids we all have. Scary! (sino kaya hubbies namin lahat?) Exciting! (Bait? cutey!?) Ewan! Hehe!

Finally, came the blogger story. Nat and I effortlessly convinced Maj to put up her blog! Yehey to the power of two! Maj the "creative cow"(<--- Nat:*censored*). Kindly refer to Maj's new site for the complete story. - majician.blogspot.com


Our mini conference was short lived, thanks to Maj's busy schedule. But it was surely fun reminiscing and going through all those catch up thrills. My girlfriends are treasures hard to find. I realized that although we're treading different paths now, we still have a lot in common. One strange PNL heartbeat goin on there?! ...A passion for life & a search for one's identity at its best...


Maj is now a successful producer in the biggest production house in the Philippines! Beat that!

Nat, now on 1st yr med proper, is on her way to be the #1 doctor in the Philippines (together with 2 other PNL's who'd share the same spot namely Dr. Jam & Dr. Chex)

As for me, I'll be graduating next year to find my "soul success"! SimplAaaay LaOOoovelAaaay!!!


p.s. visit natalisms.blogspot.com to have a share of Nat's peppershaker thots... Maj donch 4get to send me the video! Won't mind getting another of those hard-knock laughs!
Maj, with Eartha, got me to act for their "Kamay ng Tadhana" video when she could have done perfect for the role. hehe!
(to be continued)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Pam I posted your entry in my blog... really touched... mwah! mwah! mishu & wavyu!

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<