My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Philippines

Thursday, December 16, 2004

3:00 pm
@ my desk

webmail.ntu.edu.sg>
inbox>
new message>

open

...towards Blk N1, L1 of CEE;
go through 1st block & take the lift down one level to B1.
Walk towards far end of block N1 building, then see transportation lab...

log out

3:45 pm
@ the bus stop


I'm on my way to this briefing for a Civil & Environmental Engineering Project. They need some hand to complete a survey by Jan. next year. 'think if I'd help out I can also learn how to go about the survey for my thesis. Plus, earning some dough, wouldn't hurt me much. Yipee!

So I go...just out of the shower smelling tutti fruity, all dressed in my maroon mini, criss-cross sandals and grey camisole under this sheer beige middy.

It's raining... waiting for the shuttle bus to bring me to Canteen A... @%&$! (There goes the thunder). Now the rain pours heavier than usual and still no sign of that green-&-white rickety shuttle.

All too worried of being late, I shake my right foot incessantly. The clapping sound seems to irritate this fella beside me though. But ' the heck!Across the road, bus B has arrived. Argh! I can't cross the road with this heavy downpour, not without an umbrella! Besides, I don't really wanna mess up my getup. But too late fo' that.

The rain's pouring like crazy now, say 10 times when it all started. The wind breezes past me with all the wet-wild-glory: my hair 'a mess & some drippin' drapes... Gotta stay calm and steady!

Now background sounds amplify:I hear swarms of crickets invading this tiny bus stop?! They dance and prance and ... I just gotta stop daydreaming. (rewind) The raindrops smash the hot cement as the heat seem to sizzle. I stare blankly on the wet road and I can't just help it... love drifting and imagining things...

It's as if I'm inside this painting once again. I say once again because I'm all too sure I've been here before, a year or so I guess... Each stroke is all too familiar. Relaxing beneath the comfort of this wonderful serenity.... I suddenly get cut off...

Suddenly, conscious of the rain and its nagging "you will be late" "you'll surely miss it" "you will be late" "you'll surely miss it", I catch a glimpse of the painter. Sadly, the painter decides to wash out this canvass. Pails of water pour on me but I just couldn't be erased from all this serenity.

The water drops and dances on the ground like colorless-miniatures of New Year fireworks. And I.... I stop. Finally...

Finally, shuttle bus A is fast approaching. Guess I'd still make it for CEE's Project & perhaps, make some bits o' dough.

Enough of me and my day dreams.


~ 30 ~


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<