My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Philippines

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

The Happiest People of the World (Part 1)


I've just finished dumping the first
batch of my laundry in the washing machine.
Passing through the hall's tv room to get back
to my own room (well, I did not have any better way out),
I instinctively pulled up the day's newspaper
that was all scattered on the tiny centrepiece
just below the hanging television.

The Straits Times issue wasn't that interesting,
save for the newly launched mindyourbody insert.


Yup, health is one top priority for Singaporeans,
(followed by personal safety and happiness they say).
But... what actually caught my attention was the headline:


"They're Nigerian."... and then in bold,
"They are also the happiest people in the world."


Huh?!, I muttered with a tone of skepticism.
Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against Nigerians, ok!
It's just that I thought all along
that Filipinos were the happiest bunch on earth!

Well, at least an American teacher here in school told us so
Plus, my friends said they read an article about it once.
I never saw it though.


Apparently, a worldwide resesarch on 65 countries
showed that people from Nigeria had the
highest levels of happiness in the world.
Mexico, Venezuela, El Salvador and Puerto Rico followed
while Russia, Armenia and Romania had the lowest.


Maybe THE Philippines wasnt included in the research at all...
WHICH explains why we didn't make it to the top of the happiest people on this earth!!! (pampalubag loob?! hehe)
We're a happy people! Flips! Yeah...
I'd like to believe we weren't part of the study!
hapeee! happpy happpy we!


But...who said we need them to affirm that anyway!?
*sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<